All eyes are on the von der Leyen Commission: the Commission President-elect has made it at last and against all obstacles! Despite a stubborn British empire not willing to name a Commissioner for a month (and thus challenging EU lawyers whether the rule of law or common sense shall prevail), the new team was approved by the European Parliament and started its work with only a slight delay on 1 December. Much to the dismay of some lobbyist organisations in town whose events during this first week in office were left either with fewer panelists or with some in completely different roles – especially bitter for those who had invited Juncker Commission members and had banked on von der Leyen to start on 1 January.
Not only did she manage to get things going just in time for the Christmas holidays, she is also getting going in full speed: after having moved formally, officially and also privately and personally into the Berlaymont building, work results are to be expected right away: starting with a first output on the European Green Deal awaited for 11 December to a full-blown work programme.
Meanwhile, some old dossiers just won’t leave the table: the latest status of the e-privacy proposal was rejected by Member States and is now back on new Commissioner Thierry Breton’s desk – who seems slightly unsure what to do with it: just table the same thing again, withdraw, or come up with something completely new? Quite a long queue of lobbyists has some very clear advice.
Speaking of old and new dossiers: politjobs is restructuring its services so we have some news for you as well.
- In the future, the EU job alert will come without this cunning editorial – so it will be the newest EU jobs only.
- However, your editorial will not disappear – it just migrates. You can still get your biweekly dose of light thoughts on EU affairs by subscribing here: www.imconsult.eu
So as your editor, I hope to see you soon on www.imconsult.eu! On behalf of the politjobs team, I hope you stay loyal to them as well. So please find some jobs attached and as usual more on politjobs.eu!
- FACE – European Federation of Associations for Hunting and Conservation seeks Legal and Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
Brussels, Belgium | Application deadline: 13.01.2020 | Starting date: immediately | Full time
- ECSDA – European Central Securities Depositories Association seeks Economic and Policy Intern (m/f/d)
Brussels, Belgium | Application deadline: ongoing | Starting date: as soon as possible | Full time
- Tipik Communication Agency seeks Social Media Manager (m/f/d)
Brussels, Belgium | Application deadline: 31.12.2019 | Starting date: as soon as possible | Full time
- Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law seeks (Senior) Research Fellows with Specialisation in Comparative Constitutional Law (m/f/d)
Heidelberg, Germany | Application deadline: 12.01.2020 | Starting date: as soon as possible | Full time
- European Climate Foundation seeks Senior Associate (m/w/d) EU Institutional Relations Programme
Brussels, Belgium | Application deadline: 29.11.2019 | Starting date: as soon as possible | Full time